November 23, 2008

ANOTHER WEEKEND GONE...

I hope that I'm not boring everyone with pictures of my tops. It feels like I've made about fifty of them, but a review of my posts revealed that there were 5 in October and 9 (adding the two for this post) for November. That's a lot of tops! Do I want more and do I plan on sewing more - YES I DO! There are lots of other types of garments that I do plan on sewing - you know, pants and especially some skirts. And I still have that wonderful boucle fabric that my Mother sent to me, from which I plan on making a channel type jacket and matching skirt. I'm also feeling that I'd enjoy some new PJ's for Christmas. And of course every time it rains I kick myself because I have not made my raincoat yet. There's all kinds of ideas floating around in my head. Then something entirely different might pop up because of some inspiration I seen on sewing blogs. THE CHOICES ARE ENDLESS! But that is just part of the fun.

Here are the tops I made this weekend:

#1 Is from the same turtleneck Kwik Sew pattern that I've been using. I figured I needed a black one.

#2) is from Butterick 4606. I was inspired to make this top after reading Pamela's blog at "Off the Cuff". She has a tutorial there that shows how to change the neckline appearance on a top by using a rubber band or an elastic ponytail holder, and I wanted to give it a try.


I really like this top and it was easy to put together. I still need to practice with the rubber band idea, but I love the idea and already have another one cut out in a solid color.

I only had one problem making this top. I think that I was short changed when this fabric was cut at the store. HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU??? It's happened to me several times at different stores - MAKES ME SO MAD!!! Well any ways, I wanted to make a blouse from this fabric but did not have enough fabric for the long sleeved or 3/4 sleeve length, soooooooooo I had to patch the sleeve. I used a french seam to do that rather than just serge the pieces together. I think my 3/4 length sleeve turned out pretty well.

Well that's it for the weekend of sewing. I've got to get rid of this headache, do my hair and prepare for the new week (IT'S A SHORT ONE THANK GOD!). Happy Thanksgiving to all in advance....

8 comments:

  1. I have never seen that top pattern and I REALLY like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sick of your tops. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see them all again, with you in them!

    They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faye. I love that black print top! I work in a fabric store part-time and we more often than not cut extra yardage for our customers. I once got caught giving an extra 12 inches of fabric to the Mystery Shopper.Whoops, I got in trouble for that one!Have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I am so loving the last top! And I understand about all the tops - heck, I can't stop sewing dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the last top! I know I am not getting tired of seeing all your tops! You're on a roll.. go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute top.
    I love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great top! Love your marriage of fabric to the pattern style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all your tops.I don't get bored because they are all different styles and colors and look great.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...