November 10, 2014

WORK WEAR...

...my Mable skirt (by Colette Patterns) went to work today.  You know - everyone and everything has to earn it's own keep around here.  She was comfortable and wore well with my cobalt twin set, skinny belt, the best feeling pair of tights I've ever worn (purchased last winter that don't even have a tag in them so I don't know what brand they are.  If I did I'd run right out and buy more of them right now), and my new booties.





The skirt is just a little too long for my taste for this type.  I'm thinking about shortening it just a tad.  I tend to agree with Tim Gunn's theory, for the most part, of where skirt lengths should fall (you can see it here).  Just a theory, of course skirt length is a personal preference.  Length (for me) also depends on the look/style I'm going for at the time.

I did get all types of unsolicited compliments on the outfit.  I'm amazed how much I do like the skirt considering that I didn't like the fabric at all and this started out as just a muslin.  As for the Colette pattern, I will definitely be making it again.  I'm in love with the non-elastic waistband...


13 comments:

  1. I love the skirt fabric. Your entire outfit is awesome and the blue so pretty. It looks lovely, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! Love your fabric choice and I like the hemline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely skirt and great color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty!! Looks comfy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty skirt and thanks for Tim Gunn's Theory.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...