February 20, 2015

PONCHOLAND...

...guess you could say - I'm all the way in now since this is the third poncho I've made this year.  Who would have believed I'd be taking this trip being I have never really cared for poncho's.  I crocheted a pastel pink one for my daughter when she was 3yrs - she was past cute in it - wish I had a picture.

 After experiencing a little sewing lull I needed to sew something -  - just to get myself back in the game. This time a self drafted collared wool poncho promised to a friend 3 weeks ago. What can I say... couldn't get it done any sooner, just wasn't feeling it. Can't sew if I'm not feeling it.  Last night I was finally felt it so I brought her idea into being.

Actually, the idea came from two different poncho designs she liked. Better late than never, after all there's still plenty of winter left...

9 comments:

  1. cute!!!!!!!!!!
    winter: there's plenty more where that came from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! I love how the collar folds down. Your friend should be happy -- and warm:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. What are you making?

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful, your friend will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I've got another one in the works.

      Delete
  4. What a good friend you are! Another lovely poncho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so nice to sew for your friends. I like the collar on that poncho. One of my favorite things to wear when I was little was a poncho my mom knitted for me. :) I'm almost finished w/one of my projects for the Crazy Dog Lady Sewing Challenge & about to start another. I'll be posting soon! Susan

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...