February 17, 2015

REPEAT WORTHY...

...sometimes you run across an easy pattern, make it up and then simply fall in love with the garment.  Such was the case with the McCall's 6209 brown tweedy wool poncho that I made last month (view A blogged about here). Love it, and have probably worn it six times already.  Every time I'd put it on I'd think "I really need to make a black one".  I am sure I'll get to wear it some even though our winters are so short.  Well, this weekend I finally got around to making it and got repeat love results.  Wore it yesterday and again today.  It brought lots of complements, and one lady asked if she could feel it.  I had to let her - and had to laugh because I can't count the number of times I've asked to feel the fabric of somebody's garment hoping they didn't think I was crazy.  What can I say - I'm a fabric feeler!
It's soft and cuddly and not too heavy.  Some type of nubby textured wool blend with a slight nap that doesn't feel like it has any wool content at all - so it worked well for my unlined poncho.
Now this former confessed non-poncho lover has two of them hanging in her closet.  Goes to show you, you can never say never, but I think that's enough ponchos for a while...

17 comments:

  1. As unnaturally cold as it is this February, I can see how you'll get a lot of use out of your two ponchos this winter. They look good on you belted, as you wear them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really cold and windy here today. Keep warm Marjie!

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful Faye - makes me wish sometimes that our weather was cold enough to wear something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cold does it usually get there in the winter? I was freezing today but only because it was windy. I sort of feel bad when I complain about the cold we have. It's nothing compared to the frigid temps they are having in other parts of the country right now.

      Delete
  3. I love the poncho, Faye. Beautiful job and I know you'll get plenty of use this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, and I love the way it looks belted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've overlooked this pattern many times but it looks great on you! It looks cozy and yet so chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would look great on you Margo.

      Delete
  6. beautiful! you've inspired me to make the sim. 2311, I'm not sure when I'll tackel it, for I'm scared to death of it lol! but on sale at hancocks for $1 who could resist lol!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit scared to tackle S2311 too, but I made a muslin first and all really went well. Go ahead and jump on it Helen.

      Delete
  7. Lovely poncho Faye! It's so fun when we find something we love so much we want to make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know and I really love these garments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so lovely! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tres chic, Faye. Hope you get many wearings out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty poncho and you used a beautiful fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...