February 21, 2015

UNPLANNED STASH BUSTING...

...I got involved in an unplanned stashbusting session this morning.  This fabric has been in my stash far too long.  Originally purchased to make a skirt, I later decided this wool flannel was too thin for that.  Since I had already pulled it down to make the last poncho I thought I might as well finish the yardage up.

Sometimes I pick a project just to see if I can make it successfully. In this case another simple poncho. Just 2 rectangles (18 × 36) hemmed and sewn in two strategic places and there you have it.  Yes it was an easy project, but there's nothing wrong with a little mindless sewing from time to time.

Thought I might as well finish up the yardage.  No need of putting it back in the stash. There was still enough of this fabric left to make a nice big cozy blanket scarf.

Done. Weekend sewing is priceless...

19 comments:

  1. Great usage of your fabric! I looove ponchos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, especially the scarf. Very Burberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bunny, I am such a scarf lover.!

      Delete
  3. I often get the most wear out of my easy makes. These are beautiful and great for this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ponchos are always in style! Ah yes, Bunny said what I was thinking: very Burberry on the scarf.

    Weekend sewing is indeed divine; wish I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weekend sewing is indeed divine, and I wish you could get some in too. I think you are right L ponchos do keep popping up. I just all of a sudden started liking them. And the scarf - I love. I am such a scarf person in the winter.

      Delete
  5. What lovely pieces...you had a very productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Oz I've really been missing seeing you. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Mindless sewing to forget stresses and strains is wonderful - maybe it's "flow"to use that term. And I love your two gorgeous results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poncho. I have a hankering to make a cape, in fact I've had it for a while. Seeing your lovely poncho makes me think that when the weather cools I might just get around to doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I'm sure you'll make a great cape.

      Delete
  8. Love your poncho, Faye. The fabric is gorgeous. I made one poncho too last day and love it very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that plaid.l Now you have 2 new fun pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, nice job Ms. Faye! On both pieces, you showed your talent and yes there is absolutely nothing wrong with a little mindless sewing every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great poncho. Can I ask? How did you sew the two pieces together? It looks so neat. Ann

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...